Saturday, November 16, 2013

Fighting The Good Fight

This is the time of the year when it's harder to fight the fog. I notice myself having trouble concentrating, my memory fades, and my energy level drops to record lows. It's the depression fog. The  cold, dark nights try to steal my happiness. The lack of sunshine, trips to the park, and long runs in the sun, coupled with the impending holiday season, threaten my progress.

But I'm not giving in this year. I know what's happening, and I'm fighting it. I'm so sick and tired of the fog that steals my joy. The fog that makes me want to curl up under the covers and sleep until Spring.

I joined a gym. I tie up my shoes and exercise every day. This week I did Zumba and Yoga. Maybe next week it will be swimming. I'm eating foods that give me energy. I'm eliminating the nonsense of busyness. Simplicity and serenity are my medicine. I continue to rely on modern medicine and therapy to fight this battle, and I am not ashamed to admit that I need many sources of help.

I don't want my Husband and Child to get a wife and mother consumed by the winter fog. I'm fighting this. Some days may be better than others, but now that I know what I'm up against, I'm better prepared to fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment