Wednesday, May 7, 2014

The Biggest Loser

I used to cringe at the show The Biggest Loser. I know that many people love that show, and the trainers were truly saving people's lives. But I always felt so tense watching it. I thought it was awesome that the contestants were changing their lives for the better, and I knew that it was amazingly hard work.

I just couldn't stand all the crying.

It wasn't that I was thinking that the contestants were ridiculous. It's just that as they started losing weight and eating healthy, they started crying all the time. And being a person who avoided emotions at all costs, I couldn't bear to watch all the crying.

This week I've cried twice. That's like an Eleanor record. And I can't even blame PMS or a mean addict spouse or stress. I just cried, so unexpectedly. I haven't been using either eating too much or restrictive eating to avoid my emotions.

So the emotions just...come out.

And now I understand why the contestants seemed to cry uncontrollably on the TV show. When I don't eat my feelings, they just come out like they were probably intended to in the first place.


1 comment:

  1. this post made me laugh! what a great discovery and have fun bawling! :)

    ReplyDelete